Welcome

Hi, I am Don Sath. If you like to learn
about people and culture, you will here.
I hope you find my story interesting.
Come back for the rest yet to be written.

Homedee

Monday, May 11, 2009

The Dreams

It was during this time of staying in Thailand that I had these two
dreams. I never remembered any of my dreams until these occurred
to me in such a vivid way that I shall never forget. And I would like to
tell them here.

The first dream: I dreamed that my very own mother rejected
me. I will leave it at that. I felt hurt, but not emotionally damaged.

The second dream: A voice from heaven spoke to me asking
me a question, "Do you want to go?" I answered, 'Yes.' Then the
voice told me, "You must die." I died in my dream as though it
was real and the voice said to me, "Now you can go."
I recognized the voice, it was the voice of Seoung Veoung, but
she spoke from heaven above. I will tell of the possible interpret-
ation of this dream later on once I got to America and settled in
Iowa. Oh, the voice that spoke never specified where I was to go,
and I never asked the question, 'Where am I going?' I was just wanting
to go. Maybe that was the nature of my adventurous personality
back then.

Just how long we were temporarily camped in Thailand as refugees
was likely around 3-6 months at the most. Just who was
responsible to relocate us to other countries? One organization
that comes to mind is World Vision. If such an organization doesn't exist,
it must have been some other. We and many others in the same predic-
ament were accepted to come to the United States of America. We
were transported to near Bangkok, to a military base I believe,
near the sea to await our flight out.

We were bused in by charter buses. It was a whole day's trip from the
camp to our holding camp near the military base. And it was during
rainy season, and in some places water flooded the road surface, and
drivers had to take it easy. The route took us by steep mountains
which fascinated me. Mountains just held my admiration.

Back in Cambodia I could see some mountains from a distance and
there is this alluring pull from my heart to want to scale the heights
of those majestic friends. At one particular place that my father
had his rice fields was the closest mountain in sight. I often wish
I could have reached the mountain. It was just standing there all by
itself like it needed a friend like me. It had a nice peak point.

I felt sorry for those who were left behind. I hope that they did get
to go at a later date after we left Asia. Since the base camp for
departure was limited to how many they could handle, it couldn't
possibly fit everyone in there. There were at least five buses or
more that shuttled us over to the base. And there were other
refugees from other camps that were there already besides our
groups that came in. I swam every day in the sea salt water.
And sometimes the fresh water would run out to rinse off the salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment